Saturday, June 9, 2007

...Am Back

sorry for being MIA, its such a long story, anyway where do i start from,

first of all,i just found out i am taking the class of Prof L/"worst professor" next fall, me and this guy have had so much drama, even my dean knows about this, but the funny thing is that i did not cos the drama , it as usual me and my "gbeborun" mouth that always puts me in trouble, but am not sorry, its is the yoruba part of me, that makes me put my mouth in everyone's biz ness even if its not my concern
...okay here is the conversation. my first interaction with the"worst prof"

location: 6pm, 1st day of ...securities and investment class

worst prof: welcome class, blah blah blah, introduction story, then he practically lists all his achievements, 2 masters, 2 different PHD's , written 12 books on investment, on the board of this and that, governin council of the CFA(chartered financial analyst)like CPA,and so on, by now i was so bored,this guy was bullshitin 2 much , then he stated authoritatively "i am more intelligent than the average American"

me/toyintomato: hehe, kilari, kiloshele, inteligent kini, what this did guy just say..what! more intelligent,intelligent ko, intelligent ni, so i smiled and raised up my hand, and calmly said.."excuse me prof, i tend to disagree with that statement, what measurement did you use to reach that conclusion"...dont even ask i kno, what is my own with defending Americans, am i not Nigerian,

worst prof: his reply, the average American does not study higher than high skool, writes no less than 1 book, blah blah blah.

then me: i said, am sorry that isnt a valid conclusion, cos there is no standardized study of the average American intelligence...by now, i kno i should i have just shut up my mouth, but nooooooooooo, my yorubaness had to show itself, in full force..the original busybody.

worst prof: he said, do you know, how many boards i sit on, blah blah blah

me/toyintomato:..then i said..you know, it is more plausible to state that you might me more intelligent than the average American only in areas related to the finance industry.

worst prof: he smiled and said"i will remember you"

..and thats when all the palava/drama started, he picked on me in class, to answer questions all the time, it got so bad, that i had to tell my adviser, that i wanted to switch classes, that i was scared he might be biased in his grading,
anyway..from that period, the guy and i have had problems,
so now am taking him again this fall, so i got all the text books he uses, and i am reading like a mug.
cuz i know the guy is so goin to pick on me, so i want to be prepared.
and thats is the long version of why i have been Mia..missin in action, but am back..

2 comments:

dScR?Be said...

LAWL!!! Some professors are just too much.. U need 2 see the Nigerian Professors that have attained much... talk about cocky

...toyintomato said...

@2ndCorin5:17 : girl i kno